Concrete driveways are becoming increasingly popular, with many looks and styles being achieved simply by pouring concrete. When you’re looking for driveways in Melbourne, then concrete is often the natural choice, but what are its advantages over the alternatives? Here are some of the reasons that this is the year you should install a concrete driveway on your property.
If you want to learn more about concrete driveways, check out our resources:
1. How Much Does a Concrete Driveway Cost
2. Asphalt vs Concrete Driveways: Why Concrete Is Often the Better Choice
3. How Long Does It Take for Driveway Sealant to Dry?
4. Concrete Driveway Installation
5. What Are The Most Common Types of Concrete Driveways?
6. Modern Concrete Driveway Ideas
- Increasing property value
The Melbourne property market is booming, and if you’re looking to move soon, or just wanting to increase your home’s value, then adding a concrete driveway can help. They help add value because:
- They add a place to park – important when you’re close to the city
- They improve the exterior look of your home
- They add an interesting feature
- They can make your home stand out from the rest of the street
This means that a driveway can be an excellent investment, and one that really adds the wow factor to your home.
- Durable and low-maintenance
When you add a new feature to your home, you want to know it’ll last a long time, and also that you won’t have to spend a lot of time on maintenance. That’s why many people are choosing concrete driveways in Melbourne, as they can be cleaned with a pressure washer and keep looking good for longer. When your driveway is installed it’ll be sealed, and to keep it lasting for longer it’ll need to be resealed every two or three years, which will ensure it’s protected from any extremes in the weather.
- There are more style options than ever
When you think of concrete driveways, you may be picturing grey and flat drives, but nowadays a huge number of style options can be created. For example, if you love the look of paving, we can use a diamond saw to create a paved appearance in the concrete, or we can add interesting textures to make your driveway by using aggregate which makes it look more interesting and upmarket.
- It can cost less than you think
If you have an old driveway that’s bringing down the look of the house, then you might be worried about the cost of replacing it. However, concrete can be a cost-effective way to replace a driveway and might even cost less than you think.
- There’s less disruption than other methods
Installing a concrete driveway can be easier than other methods such as paving, and so the job can usually be completed in a few days, rather than weeks. The process involves building a wooden frame in which concrete is poured, allowing for lots of different sizes and shapes to easily be made. The setting time depends on the weather and design chosen, but generally you’ll be able to park on your new drive in about a week, so your car isn’t stuck on the road for long periods.
If you’re considering adding a driveway to your Melbourne home, simply call Concept Concrete today on 1300 366 343 for more information and a free quote.