Although trends, particularly home and garden trends, come and go, there are some interesting new trends and re-emerging old trends that have come around again. Here at Concept Concrete we like to try and keep abreast of the latest front yard trends as some of them impact on our business at times. Relatively new methods of utilising concrete such as coloured concrete, exposed aggregate and pave cut concrete have all made in-roads into the world of garden design and continue to grow in popularity for Australian homeowners.
Please see below for a few examples of front yard design trends destined for greatness over the coming year:
- Wall Gardens – Wall Gardens are starting to spring up in homes Australia wide and transform an otherwise drab wall into a riot of colour. These innovative gardens will certainly add a splash of colour to any front yard and provide more than a pinch of kerb appeal to residents, visitors and potential home buyers.
- Terraced Gardens – An extremely popular option particularly if available space is limited. Constructed using wood or concrete these gardens are particularly suited to inclined front yards. We particularly recommend this type of landscaping due to the fact it can be applied to almost any type of property.
- Concrete Planters – Concrete planters can be used internally or externally and are safe bets for any minimalist front yard. These planters are designed to be very durable and due to their very nature, withstand adverse weather conditions. Provided they contain relatively hardy plants they would sit perfectly running along the borders of a concrete driveway or paver cut walkway.
- Lighted Plants and Walkways – Lighted plants and walkways really bring a garden to life at night as well as being a useful safety feature. The effect some well-placed lights can have on an entire property should never be underestimated. Visitors will always comment about them! Another benefit of plant and walkway lights is you get an awful lot of atmosphere for a minimal amount of money.
- Coloured Concrete Driveways – Although coloured concrete driveways have been with us for a few years now, they seem to be still in demand going into 2019. The colour can be adjusted to blend in with your existing outdoor colour scheme and finished to a high standard. What better way to complete your front yard makeover?
The above 4 examples are amongst the best trends we have seen and more or less all can be installed at a budget friendly price. The team at Concept Concrete are happy to provide ideas, assistance and recommendations if you are seriously considering giving your front yard a makeover. We can also assist you if you’d like a new concrete driveway to complement your newly revamped front yard.