The cornerstone of any successful construction project, concrete formwork ensures structural, safety and security at almost every stage of the operation.
Whatever the size or scope of your Perth building project, investing in solid formwork is important for many reasons—and we’re going to tell you why.
But first, here’s a practical explanation of concrete formwork.
If you want to learn more about concreting options, check out our resources:
1. What Are The Most Common Concrete Types?
2. How to Find the Best Concrete Contractor in Melbourne
3. Top Benefits of Hiring Professional Concrete Services
4. 5 Ways You Can Use Concrete in Your Garden
5. What Concrete Extension Types Can You Add To Your Home?
6. How To Remove Stains From Concrete
Concrete formwork explained
Formwork is structural and is the term used for specialised concrete construction moulds. Wet concrete is poured into these supportive moulds, which are usually temporary, to set and take form until it can support itself.
The concrete formwork process is often referred to as shuttering, which is typically made from timber—although some contractors use reinforced plastic, steel or fiberglass.
Often, once the concrete structure has set and deemed safe, the formwork is safely removed from site.
The importance of formwork
Any aspect of a construction project that offers support and structural safety is essential—formwork is no exception.
Not only does the right kind of formwork improve site safety and provide vital support to certain elements of a building’s design in those vital early stages, but these ancillary structures also ensure the smooth running of a construction project while increasing the overall quality of the finished structure.
Here are the key qualities of good formwork:
- Can withstand both live and dead tools.
- Will help to achieve your preferred concrete shape and finish.
- Sets complete accurately in along your desired line.
- Is easy to remove without damage and is as lightweight as possible.
- Won’t warp or lose form when exposed to extreme external elements like heat and can reset, with ease, on a firm base.
- Is constructed to meet your specific project needs and requirements.
As we said, the formwork can make the difference between building success and failure. Without formwork, you run the risk of running into no end of struggles or calamities during the concreting phase of your construction project.
At Concept Concrete, we’re experts in formwork and we can create structures in timber & plywood as well as steel and specialised plastic.
With years of specialist formwork experience and a longstanding local track record of success, we can provide formwork that’s tailored to your specific needs or goals, down to the very last detail.
So, if you’re looking for a robust, reliable formwork expert for your next Perth construction project, we can help. We’ll be happy to guide you through the process and advise you on the type of shuttering that will work best for your needs.
Once you’re happy with the specs and quote, our formwork experts will come on-site and take care of everything for you.
Interested? Contact us and we’ll be happy to help you with all of your Perth formwork or concreting requirements. We look forward to working with you.