In this short blog, we’ll be highlighting 5 ways that you can transform the exterior of your home. Some of the ideas are more expensive than others, but rest assured they can all play their part in reviving a tired exterior.
Some of the home improvement ideas listed below can be carried out by you, others you may need to contact the professionals. Without further ado, let’s have a look at some of the options, listed in no particular order of importance.
- A New Front Door – Yes, you did read that correctly, a new front door can detract attention from a scruffy garden providing it is of high quality and matches the property’s characteristics. Of course, you don’t want to go over the top with it to the point of it looking ridiculous in comparison to the house itself, but sometimes less is more. Popular styles for front doors include traditional, uPVC, rustic and contemporary. It is important to select the right colour, as anything to gawdy or too bright can reflect on the homeowner’s characteristics! Above all, nothing says ‘Welcome’ like a great front door and if you have a limited budget, this is a great first step to improving your exterior.
- A Brand New Driveway – Although more expensive than a front door, a brand new concrete driveway can really transform your home’s exterior. Due to modern technology you can opt for a number of different designs including plain concrete, aggregate, pave cut and even coloured concrete. A well-regarded concrete driveway specialist will be able to provide you with some tips as to the right driveway for your property.
- A Professionally Landscaped Garden – The type of garden you have speaks volumes about your personal tastes and is a sure-fire way to create kerb appeal. This is a rather specialist field and, in all honesty, you will need some professional help with the design and installation. Plain concrete garden landscaping provides a great contrast to the surrounding greenery and needs little maintenance aside from perhaps an annual jet wash to remove any ingrained dirt or debris. Another option to consider may be an attractive paved pathway, this will probably be presented as an option when you are discussing your design with your landscaping company.
- Paint Jobs – Giving the whole place, including the property and surrounding fences and gates, a fresh lick of paint is a cost-effective way of brightening up any exterior. This is actually something you can do yourself providing you have the time and the inclination!
- New Garage Doors – This is also a good idea if you want to brighten up the appearance of your home and create a positive first impression for friends and visitors. It may be a good idea to get a few quotes before you decide on any one supplier.
If you’ve highlighted a new driveway, garden path or concrete based garden landscaping as potential options, Concept Concrete can help. Please call us FREE on 1300 366 343 or send a message via our online enquiry form.