Melbourne’s Residential Concrete Experts
We help residential property owners throughout Melbourne and the surrounding suburbs with high-quality concreting services at affordable prices.
At Concept Concrete, we have extensive experience within the domestic aspect of the building and construction industry. Choose from a wide range of concreting services and enjoy inch-perfect concreting solutions to elevate your home. Whether you’re after a striking driveway, an inviting outdoor space, a concrete patio or any other job in between, our experienced and local team is ready to help.
As specialists in a variety of concrete finishes from textured to plain, coloured to permeable pavers, there’s no task that is too big or too small. Explore more about our domestic concreting services below and contact us if you need more information.
If you’re ready to elevate your living space with exposed aggregate or other concreting options, reach out and speak to a member of our residential concreting team on 1300 366 343 today!
If you want to learn more about concreting options, check out our resources:
1. What Are The Most Common Concrete Types?
2. How to Find the Best Concrete Contractor in Melbourne
3. Top Benefits of Hiring Professional Concrete Services
4. 5 Ways You Can Use Concrete in Your Garden
5. What Concrete Extension Types Can You Add To Your Home?
6. How To Remove Stains From Concrete
Our Residential Concreting Process
With decades in the industry, we understand the importance of delivering an eye-catching and durable concrete solution without disrupting your home and lifestyle. Our entire process from start to finish is designed to work to your needs and ensure you wake up to a concrete surface that’s practical and reliable for decades to come.
|We’ll conduct an initial site inspection before starting on. site preparation. Site preparation may include excavation and drainage and will include crushed rock base, formwork and steel installation. Temporary barricades will be installed for site protection
A Concept Concrete Registered Builder Practitioner will follow a series of checklists to ensure the work meets our stringent guidelines and to ensure we maintain our high standards of workmanship, following the National Construction Code of Australia and Australian Standard 2870.
The concreting process begins. The concreting process includes pouring and exposing or finishing your concrete*. Following this, we cut the concrete within a 36 hour period. When this is done, we will arrange for your driveway to be acid washed and sealed for lasting performance.
* Please note that weather conditions can sometimes impact our ability to complete work on your driveway. Where weather conditions result in us being unable to complete work on your driveway within the above time period, Concept Concrete is not liable for any loss or liability incurred by you as a result.
What Are the Advantages of Using Concrete Around Your Home?
From driveways to entertainment areas, patios to pool areas, concrete can be used to elevate practically any outdoor space. It’s tough to go past concrete when you’re looking for longevity and durability – but don’t discount the aesthetic and performance advantages of concrete spaces.
- Affordable solution: Avoid the high cost of bricks and natural stone with an affordable concrete driveway or patio that won’t break the bank.
- Low maintenance: From the patio to poolside, concrete is easy to clean and won’t suck up your weekends with extra chores.
- Highly flexible designs: Concrete can be installed plain then upgraded to add colour, stencils, stamps or texture – it’s all up to you!
- Long lasting: Professionally installed concrete can last for 20 to 30 years (or more) so you can enjoy cost-savings for longer.
- Strong and robust: Concrete can handle high volume of foot or vehicle traffic without cracks or damage.
Ready to discover more about our innovative and creative concrete solutions to transform the look and feel of your landscape? Whether you’re renovating an existing concrete space, pouring new concrete, or need a little design inspiration to rejuvenate a tired yard, we’ll show you how to make the most of your available space and budget.
How Much Does Residential Concrete Cost?
The cost of a concrete project will vary based on the type of concrete, the size of the area, the amount of site preparation and the duration of the project. As an average, concrete costs can fall between $75 to $150 per m2, though this depends on the type of concrete you choose to complement your home.
- Plain concrete: A classic (and for good reason), plain concrete offers a reliable and uniform appearance that can work with your garden, home’s exterior and any outdoor space. Expect to spend $100 to $150 per m2.
- Coloured concrete: Coloured concrete is common outside Melbourne homes in areas like pathways, pavers and driveways. Expect to spend around $75 to $90 per m2.
- Textured concrete: Textured finishes can be made to replicate the appearance of stone, tile, wood, and various other patterns and are ideal for outdoor entertainment spaces or by the pool. Expect to spend upwards of $120 per m2.
- Exposed aggregate concrete: Removing the top layer to expose the aggregate beneath (e.g. sand, stone, gravel) creates a unique appearance that’s resistant to wear and tear. Expect to spend $100 to $150 per m2.
For more information on pricing, check out our latest price guides and resources:
Our Residential Concrete Services